Sunroute Hotel Chain - Basic Policy on Handling Personal Information
The Sunroute Hotel Chain (general name of the hotel managed by franchise agreement with Sunroute Co., Ltd., and hotels managed by a collaboration agreement with Sunroute Co., Ltd.) carefully handles the personal information of all customers who stay at our hotels. This page indicates the basic policy concerning the handling of personal information.
1. Cases where We Request Provision of Personal Information
The Sunroute Hotel Chain requests customers to provide personal information in the following cases.
- When registering in the membership organization "Sunroute Club" of the Sunroute Hotel Chain (refer to the membership Terms & Agreement for details and the purpose of use.)
- When registering in the membership organization managed independently by each member hotel
- When registering as an internet user in the on-line reservation service "Sunroute Web" of the Sunroute Hotel Chain via the Internet (refer to the membership Terms & Agreement of the Sunroute Web for details and the purpose of use.)
- When the customer uses an Internet reservation service uniquely managed by each of the member hotels
- When taking reservations for accommodations and facilities in the hotels, such as restaurants, etc. by telephone or other method
- When the customer makes reservations for wedding receptions, parties and other incidental services provided by each of the hotels
- During the check-in procedure for accommodation
- When applying for various prizes
- When responding to various questionnaires
- When requesting various materials
- In addition, when the provision of personal information is required (In this case, the customer shall be notified of the purpose of use in advance before the personal information is provided.)
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The provided personal information shall only be utilized for the following purposes.
- Confirmation of reservations and applications
- Contacting customers from the hotel
- Replying to customer inquiries
- Sending or mailing requested information to customers
- Specifying the customer in the service provided by the hotel
- Statistical surveys for marketing and product development (we shall not use personal information which specifies individuals.)
3. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
Except for the following cases, the provided personal information shall not be provided to a third party.
- Cases in which the customer gives consent
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of life, health and important interests including property, etc.
- Cases in which public institutions request disclosure, by authority based on laws
- Cases in which the outsourcing of the necessary business, such as the processing of personal information data, maintenance, management and etc. of computer systems, after taking the appropriate protective measures
4. Joint Use of Personal Information
The personal information of "Sunroute Club members" and "Sunroute Web users" is centrally managed in a server installed by Sunroute Co., Ltd. where advanced safety measures have been taken, and the information is jointly used by all of the member hotels of the Sunroute Hotel Chain.
5. Security Control of Personal Information
6. Contact Office Concerning Personal Information
Sunroute Co., Ltd.
2-9-14 Kita-Saiwai Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan 220-0004
Or, contact each of the member hotels.
Please note that the contents of this "Sunroute Hotel Chain - Basic Policy of Handling Personal Information" may be revised or changed without prior notice.
March 1, 2005
The Sunroute Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "our company"), as the franchise headquarters of the Sunroute Hotel Chain, shall properly handle the personal information necessary for business, and promote measures according to the following policies, based on our belief that protecting personal information is a social responsibility.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc.
The directors and all employees of our company (Including temporary staff, part-time employees, etc., the same shall apply hereinafter.), shall endeavor to comply with the laws and regulations and other rules concerning the protection of personal information, in order to protect personal information.
Appropriate Acquisition, Use and Provision
Our company shall acquire personal information by the appropriate methods, and utilize the personal information within the scope of the purpose of use which is clearly specified in advance.
Our company shall not provide information to a third party, except when the person gives prior consent, or in the case where the requirements stipulated by the laws and regulations are satisfied.
Our company shall pay careful attention in the management of the personal information, and take the necessary and appropriate measures in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, falsification and etc.
Disclosure, Correction and Suspension of Use
Concerning the personal information retained by our company, when there is a request from a person who intends disclose personal information, make corrections or suspend use, the following contact office shall endeavor to take immediate action. In the case where our company decided not to respond to the request according to the stipulations in the laws and regulations, etc., our company shall provide an explanation of the reason.
Continual Improvement of Measures
Our company shall continue to improve the measures concerning the protection of personal information. For this reason, this protection policy may be changed without prior notice.
Role of Franchise Headquarters
Our company as the franchise headquarters of the Sunroute Hotel Chain shall provide proper instructions to the member hotels, in order for the Sunroute Hotel Chain to protect the personal information.
Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
The contact office of our company for questions and inquiries concerning personal information is as follow.
Please note, that our company may ask for personal identification within the range required for correspondence.
Sunroute Co., Ltd.
June 30, 2016
Sunroute Co., Ltd.
President & CEO, Osamu Yoshida